Return to Starling Playback Library

Requested feature - multiple export options

Questions related to Starling playback library should be asked here.

Requested feature - multiple export options

Postby derek.lawrence » March 11th, 2015, 10:41 am

Is it possible to export all gafs as one package but have some of them export in full size and some at half size? If this is not possible I would like to request that it be added as a feature so I don't have to export twice.

Thanks
derek.lawrence

Re: Requested feature - multiple export options

Postby vadym.mitin » March 12th, 2015, 1:44 am

Hello Derek,

As I understand you want to convert several SWF files in a Bundle and apply different Scale values to the animation parts from the different SWF files, am I right? Can you provide more details or maybe some example? Because I don't understand for what reason you do need this.
vadym.mitin

Postby derek.lawrence » March 13th, 2015, 11:00 am

We wan't to do this as there are certain gafs in our game that we dont mind scaling up to save on image sizes because the gafs dont have much details on them. But some things like Icon animations and some of our character animations we can't scale up because we would lose detail. But these are in the same nested gaf and would be nice to be able to set certain images scales so on the output some get exported to the spritesheets at half scale while some at full.
derek.lawrence

Postby vadym.mitin » March 15th, 2015, 1:15 am

Right now there are two ways to control the size of the certain graphical elements that are baked into the texture atlas:

1) Use the raster graphics for the animation parts that you want to bake into the texture atlas in the smaller size and stretch them during playback. Create a raster image in the size, that you want to see in the texture atlas, and use it in your animation in the stretched size. During the conversion GAF Converter will recognize the raster animation parts and bake them into the texture atlas in the size of the original image.

2) Use the "Limit max bake scale" conversion option. The result is similar to the result from the first item. But you can achieve it without converting the vector graphics into the raster. More details about this conversion option you can read in the "Conversion settings" article http://gafmedia.com/documentation/standalone/settings-dialog#limit_max_bake_scale

And please let me know is it suitable for your needs.
vadym.mitin

Return to Starling Playback Library