Return to Starling Playback Library

Output show Warning after remove GAFMovieClip

Questions related to Starling playback library should be asked here.

Output show Warning after remove GAFMovieClip

Postby Lê Huy Hùng » November 15th, 2015, 8:50 pm

After I remove and dispose a GAFMovieClip, output show "WARNING: GAFMovieClip is disposed but is not removed from the Juggler". Please provide me a solution to solve this warning, thank you. Please see my demo below :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6s262 ... Mobile.rar
Lê Huy Hùng

Re: Output show Warning after remove GAFMovieClip

Postby vadym.mitin » November 16th, 2015, 5:12 am

Hi,

From the demo I see that you are trying to remove and dispose a child of the GAFMovieClip that is also GAFMovieClip. This is unexpected behavior for the library. It is not designed to work in this way (at least we never thought about that). You can add a custom display objects into GAFMovieClip and remove them without problems, but removing existing animation parts - is a problem from technical point of view.

If you need to remove something from GAFMovieClip - just set "visible" property to "false". This will work fine.

We will have a look how we can support "removing existing animation parts", but there is no guarantee that we can support that.
vadym.mitin

Postby Lê Huy Hùng » November 16th, 2015, 9:11 pm

This is really bad news for me. Because GAF doesn't support all component of Feather, I think I will use some MovieClip in Fla to "layout". Example:
Code: Select all
var button:Button =  new Button();
button.x = gafmc.x;
button.y = gafmc.y;
button.defaultSkin = gafmc.defaultSkin;

Feathers is very useful and I really can't ignore it. If I use component of Feather and hide gafmc (don't dispose), this seems to caused memory leak :(. I hope you support this feature, "removing existing animation parts". Thank you
Lê Huy Hùng

Postby vadym.mitin » November 17th, 2015, 12:27 pm

I do understand your workflow and expected result. Just give us a time and we will find solution that will work fine for you. I will post an update here. Stay tuned!
vadym.mitin

Postby vadym.mitin » November 20th, 2015, 5:15 am

Hi,

We implemented "removing existing animation parts". Please try it. It is available in master branch on git. Everything should work fine. If you find some issues - please post about them here.
vadym.mitin

Postby Lê Huy Hùng » November 24th, 2015, 12:33 am

i tried it, it work fine, thank you :D
Lê Huy Hùng

Return to Starling Playback Library