Return to Starling Playback Library

problem using playback library in iOS

Questions related to Starling playback library should be asked here.

problem using playback library in iOS

Postby Hao Yan » September 23rd, 2014, 4:31 pm

Hi, I downloaded StarlingGAPlayer project from GitHub and was able to compile and run the demos on AIR Simulator from Flash Builder 4.7 without any problem. But when I tried to run on iOS (iPad 2 with iOS 8 and iPad 4 with iOS 6), I'm getting a

[ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="zero file count in zip" errorID=2]

This appears to be from ZipToGAFAssetConverter::onZipLoadedComplete, which in turn is caused by FZip::getFileCount return 0.

I couldn't debug into FZip, so I downloaded FZip from Github here https://github.com/claus/fzip/. Once I linked gaf project with fzip project, however, I no longer get the ErrorEvent above during ZipToGAFAssetConverter::convert(). I can see the zip is loaded properly with .gaf and .png inside from the debugger. But the app will crash with no error message before reaching Event.COMPLETE.

Please help, thanks!
Hao Yan

Re: problem using playback library in iOS

Postby Hao Yan » September 23rd, 2014, 5:57 pm

Umm, now it runs fine when link with fzip project from Github instead of using the fzip.swc that came with StarlingGAPlayer. Still would appreciate any input if anyone is having the same problem.
Hao Yan

Re: problem using playback library in iOS

Postby Ivan Avdeenko » September 30th, 2014, 3:43 am

We've been fixed this bug. Now everything is fine with any SDK available. Also, we've discovered that AIR 15 makes smaller package and publish ipa much faster. Enjoy!
Ivan Avdeenko

Return to Starling Playback Library