Return to Unity Plugin

Not able to Play animations..?

All about Unity plug-in

Not able to Play animations..?

Postby alexlague » March 20th, 2017, 7:57 am

Hi all,

Recently started using GAF with Unity.
Have all my clips in and see them. I am managing all the clips in a class to turn them on/off and play/stop certain sections of them. When I run my game, I see all my clips, have some turned off, others on- in the editor I notice that the "Play" button is turned grey in the Playback section. When I run code with .play() I do not get an error, but also no animation plays.

Just wondering what to do here, or if anyone else has encountered this and if so, how to deal with it?
alexlague

Re: Not able to Play animations..?

Postby alexlague » March 22nd, 2017, 6:41 am

Just adding some screen shots.

When I run my game, it shows Play greyed out on the clip, unable to Play. When I Exit out, I can press Play and watch.
When I load the game, I disable all the Renderers on child clips. I enable them for everything except 4 small clips within, but can't see a Play animation running when I try .play()

( when the game is running )
alexlague

Re: Not able to Play animations..?

Postby alexlague » March 22nd, 2017, 6:47 am

I actually just solved the problem. Turns out having WrapMode "Once" on causes this. I guess the animation plays at some point when creating the clip or changing frames or hiding the renderer so it would cause it not to play the animation after that, even via code.

Hope this helps someone!
alexlague

Return to Unity Plugin