Return to Unity Plugin

Issue porting to UWP

All about Unity plug-in

Issue porting to UWP

Postby Johnny Danger » November 14th, 2017, 10:10 am

Hello,

I'm porting an existing PC game to UWP and ran into an issue related to the ionic.zip.reduced plugin.

Searching around I've found that the guy doing A*Pathfinding ended up making a version of his tool that doesn't use the library at all to make it work.
I've also found a guy from Unity advising to exclude the WSAPlayer platfrom (when you select the plugin itself in the inspector) as it's not supported.

The problem is that it still doesn't build; here's the error:
ArgumentException: The Assembly Ionic.Zip.Reduced is referenced by GAF ('Assets/GAF/Plugins/GAF.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.

Can someone please help? Thanks.
Johnny Danger

Re: Issue porting to UWP

Postby Alexey Finkilshtein » November 15th, 2017, 11:39 pm

Hi,

Do you have Assets/GAF/Plugins/Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll in your project?
By the way, unfortunately GAF does not support UWP, so maybe this is the main problem.

Thanks.
Alexey Finkilshtein

Postby Johnny Danger » November 16th, 2017, 7:02 pm

Do you have Assets/GAF/Plugins/Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll in your project?

Yes, exactly. Once selected, in the inspector I uncheck "WSAPlayer" as the Unity guy recommended, but then I get an error saying GAF refers to it.

I don't need compression... could it be bypassed entirely? Like, if Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll is not there at all, could GAF handle that case and skip compression?

By the way, unfortunately GAF does not support UWP, so maybe this is the main problem.

I understand. Can you please tell me if GAF supports PS4, Xbox One and Switch? If not I'll need to find another solution :cry:
Johnny Danger

Postby Alexey Finkilshtein » November 17th, 2017, 2:26 am

Hi,

GAF supports only PC, MAC, Unity Web Player, iOS, Android and Windows Phone(for old versions of unity)

Thanks.
Alexey Finkilshtein

Return to Unity Plugin