Return to Unity Plugin

Missing Assembly References

All about Unity plug-in

Missing Assembly References

Postby Dylan Babe » October 31st, 2018, 1:31 pm

Hi I've recently imported GAF into my unity project and am having some issues. I'm running unity version 17.4.1 and after importing GAF into my project I can run it and get the flash animations to play but i get about 60 different errors complaining about missing namespaces/type. The compiler suggests I'm possibly missing assembly references. What I'm wondering is this a version compatibility issue? Does the current version of GAF on the asset store not work with 17.4.1? I can still run the unity project but I can no longer debug my code with GAF in the project because of all the errors coming from the GAF scripts. I'm hoping there is some sort of simple solution to fix this issue, I'm currently using the free version of GAF but plan on upgrading to the pro version if I can get it working properly.
Thanks for any insight you may have!
Dylan Babe

Re: Missing Assembly References

Postby Alexey Finkilshtein » November 2nd, 2018, 8:12 am

Hi,

Try to delete GAF folder in the project and reimport the GAF plugin from assetstore.

Thanks.
Alexey Finkilshtein

Postby Dylan Babe » November 5th, 2018, 7:59 am

Hi,
So I tried re-importing from the asset store after deleting the old folder and I still run into the same issue. We were able to track down the issue to a single dll and it seems that problem is version of .Net we are using. It builds with no issues using the experimental 4.6 equivalent, but we would rather not use that version. We have projects with working versions of GAF but its GAF version 5.1 and the available version of GAF on the asset store is 5.2.

Is it possible to get an older version of GAF? We tried simply copying the GAF folder from one project to the other and even re importing everything but it doesn't work properly this way.
Thanks
Dylan Babe

Postby Alexey Finkilshtein » November 8th, 2018, 2:01 am

Hi,

Unfortunately the recent version of GAF is 5.2.9.
You can try to make fresh empty unity project and import GAF there. Everything should be fine with it and everything will work.

Thanks.
Alexey Finkilshtein

Postby Dylan Babe » November 8th, 2018, 6:42 am

Thank you for replying,
I just followed the steps you suggested. I made a completely new empty project(in 2017.4.1) and Imported GAF from the asset store. The project runs and I can make GAF objects but I cannot compile any code, either in Visual studio or MonoDevelop. I also tried installing an older version of unity(5.0) and have the same problem. I've also had coworkers do the same on different machines and we all have the same issue.
Dylan Babe

Postby Alexey Finkilshtein » November 10th, 2018, 1:36 am

Please send here the screenshots or better video of your issue

Thanks.
Alexey Finkilshtein

Postby Dylan Babe » November 12th, 2018, 6:28 am

Hi,
here is a screen shot of the issue when trying to build in mono develop. This is in an empty project with nothing but GAF imported from the asset store. There are more errors not shown, but they are all the same as whats in view just in varying GAF scripts.
Attachments
GAFbuilderrors.png
Last edited by Dylan Babe on November 12th, 2018, 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan Babe

Postby Dylan Babe » November 12th, 2018, 6:45 am

Here is what that warning message says in full, which I believe to be the actual issue.
Attachments
WarningMessage.png
Dylan Babe

Postby Alexey Finkilshtein » November 14th, 2018, 12:19 pm

Did you read this forum thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=731&p=2979&hilit=net+frame#p2980 ?
Maybe it will help you.
Alexey Finkilshtein

Postby vandelpal » November 16th, 2018, 8:17 am

To use last version GAF 5.2.9 of and don't see this compile errors in VS I MUST use the .NET 4.x Equivalent scripting!
Why??? :o Version GAF 5.1 is work fine with .NET 3.5 Equivalent!
vandelpal

Return to Unity Plugin