Return to Unity Plugin

First impression is not that good

All about Unity plug-in

First impression is not that good

Postby Vetal YaVetal » February 22nd, 2018, 4:58 am

Hi,

I'm looking for a product, which would simplify my work with Flash in Unity. GAF is looking like a solid software, so i decided to give it a shot.

I've started a new project, added GAF Free, played sample scene - so far so good.
I went through the readme file and decided to try my SWF and see what will happen.
The result is some Uncaught error, which is pretty possible (SWF is pretty huge and i dont expect auto-converter to be 100% successful), but i have no idea what exactly is wrong.

Okay then, i decided to go deeper and log in. I clicked login, browser opens page, where i signed up with Facebook account and returned back to Unity. What i see now is constantly running loading bar on the Login screen
I'm using Mac, i'm logged-in in Chrome browser, but plugin in Unity is still not able to see that. Restart didnt help.

I'm going to use GAF for a huge enterprise application with lots of Flash animations and AS code. Its okayish when autoconverter is not able to do its job (although more detailed error would be nice), but its super bad when even login is not working. Overall experience is quite bad, i'm not sure i can trust this software.

Any ideas/suggestions?
Vetal YaVetal

Re: First impression is not that good

Postby Carl Spooner » May 24th, 2018, 6:53 am

I know that Facebook and Google+ connect was bugged in the past. Maybe the same problem occured. Try to create an account directly and see if it fixed it.
Carl Spooner

Postby Alexey Finkilshtein » May 27th, 2018, 1:04 am

Hi,

You can try to use standalone GAF converter: https://gafmedia.com/downloads
This standalone converter stable and fast.

Thanks.
Alexey Finkilshtein

Postby Sonya Chesser » October 20th, 2019, 9:48 pm

I also add GAF software while I start my new project. I have work with my new project https://www.resumesservicesreview.com/c ... om-review/ on this website. I have faced the same problems then I try to create a direct account and logged in the chrome browser.
Sonya Chesser

Return to Unity Plugin