Return to Cocos2dx Playback Library

Does any editing tool for GAF files exist?

Questions related to Cocos2dx playback library should be asked here.

Does any editing tool for GAF files exist?

Postby semoriil » February 10th, 2016, 6:27 am

I have SWF with many animations and parts for those animations. But after exporting to GAF i can't get sprites of any of those parts by name (to replace animation parts with new ones). Right now i can do this in somewhat hackish way via atlas keys.

So, it seems that i need to add manually additional info into GAF. Or find way to add it to SWF in such way that GAF converter saved it.

Another question is about manuals for using GAFs with cocos2d-html5. There is no even forum section for this...
semoriil

Re: Does any editing tool for GAF files exist?

Postby Dmitry Bushtets » February 11th, 2016, 2:32 am

Hello!
You can add linkage name to sprites and use GAFAsset::getCustomRegion(/*linkageName*/) method
N.B. You should check "Add custom images into a Texture Atlas"

About cocos2dx-html5 - you can ask about in this subforum
Dmitry Bushtets

Re: Does any editing tool for GAF files exist?

Postby semoriil » February 12th, 2016, 3:39 am

Dmitry Bushtets wrote:You can add linkage name to sprites

What are those? I think there should be ones (file was used for scripted animation) but in converted file there is none. I don't know Flash.
Dmitry Bushtets wrote:GAFAsset::getCustomRegion(/*linkageName*/)

I can't find such method in JS. In browser console "getCustomRegion is not a function".
Dmitry Bushtets wrote:N.B. You should check "Add custom images into a Texture Atlas"

That is way to go if not that skeletal animation... Right now i can take sprite #13 from atlas and put it instead of sprite #3 of given timeline and get axe in hand of warrior instead of sword. Now it seems position adjustments are handled fine. Problem is i don't know right numbers for all items and body parts ...
semoriil

Return to Cocos2dx Playback Library