Return to Unity Plugin

Cannot debug with latest Unity 2017 and latest GAF

All about Unity plug-in

Cannot debug with latest Unity 2017 and latest GAF

Postby Joey Liu » January 11th, 2018, 7:51 pm

Hi guys,

I am trying to debug my Unity project and I am unable to attach to the project because of the following errors:

Basically it requires several methods in GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal to be overriden, but am not sure how - it seems these are not the type of methods we should be implementing.

Thanks,

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CS0115 'GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal<TypeOfObject>.cleanView()': no suitable method found to override Assembly-CSharp C:\Projects\neomon_client\SpineTest\Assets\GAF\Scripts\Objects\Interfaces\GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal.cs 155 Active
Error CS0115 'GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal<TypeOfObject>.clear()': no suitable method found to override Assembly-CSharp C:\Projects\neomon_client\SpineTest\Assets\GAF\Scripts\Objects\Interfaces\GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal.cs 171 Active
Error CS0115 'GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal<TypeOfObject>.clip': no suitable method found to override Assembly-CSharp C:\Projects\neomon_client\SpineTest\Assets\GAF\Scripts\Objects\Interfaces\GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal.cs 45 Active
Error CS0115 'GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal<TypeOfObject>.createObjects()': no suitable method found to override Assembly-CSharp C:\Projects\neomon_client\SpineTest\Assets\GAF\Scripts\Objects\Interfaces\GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal.cs 275 Active
Error CS0115 'GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal<TypeOfObject>.deepClear()': no suitable method found to override Assembly-CSharp C:\Projects\neomon_client\SpineTest\Assets\GAF\Scripts\Objects\Interfaces\GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal.cs 188 Active
Error CS0115 'GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal<TypeOfObject>.initialize()': no suitable method found to override Assembly-CSharp C:\Projects\neomon_client\SpineTest\Assets\GAF\Scripts\Objects\Interfaces\GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal.cs 114 Active
Error CS0115 'GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal<TypeOfObject>.objects': no suitable method found to override Assembly-CSharp C:\Projects\neomon_client\SpineTest\Assets\GAF\Scripts\Objects\Interfaces\GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal.cs 57 Active
Error CS0115 'GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal<TypeOfObject>.objectsDict': no suitable method found to override Assembly-CSharp C:\Projects\neomon_client\SpineTest\Assets\GAF\Scripts\Objects\Interfaces\GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal.cs 81 Active
Error CS0115 'GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal<TypeOfObject>.reload()': no suitable method found to override Assembly-CSharp C:\Projects\neomon_client\SpineTest\Assets\GAF\Scripts\Objects\Interfaces\GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal.cs 131 Active
Error CS0115 'GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal<TypeOfObject>.updateToFrame(Dictionary<uint, Data.GAFObjectStateData>, bool)': no suitable method found to override Assembly-CSharp C:\Projects\neomon_client\SpineTest\Assets\GAF\Scripts\Objects\Interfaces\GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal.cs 198 Active
Joey Liu

Re: Cannot debug with latest Unity 2017 and latest GAF

Postby Valentin Radoi » January 17th, 2018, 2:10 am

Having the same problem here. GAF 5.2.9 doesn't seem to work with Unity 2017.3.0f3 in the sense that VS 2017 can't compile the project in order to Attach to Unity for debugging, giving lots of compilation errors like:

- CS0234 The type or namespace name 'Assets' does not exist in the namespace 'GAFInternal' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
- CS0246 The type or namespace name 'GAFTexturesResourceInternal' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- CS0246 The type or namespace name 'GAFAnimationAssetInternal' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- CS0234 The type or namespace name 'Data' does not exist in the namespace 'GAFInternal' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
- CS0311 The type 'GAF.Objects.GAFObjectsManager' cannot be used as type parameter 'ObjectsManagerType' in the generic type or method 'GAFAnimatorInternal<ObjectsManagerType>'. There is no implicit reference conversion from 'GAF.Objects.GAFObjectsManager' to 'GAFBaseObjectsManager'
- CS0115 'GAFBakedObjectsManagerInternal<TypeOfObject>.objectsDict': no suitable method found to override
- etc.

There are 111 of such errors in all GAF source files. I've tried removing GAF completely from the project and re-importing it, but it doesn't help.

Unity Editor itself does compile and run the project, and the GAF animations work normally inside the game at runtime, it's just that the parallel compilation & attachment from VS, needed for debugging, doesn't work.

I'm guessing it's some problem with a DLL compiled for an older version of Unity 2017 (just a guess), but basically this makes GAF unusable, as you can't debug your project with it around. Could we get an answer on this one, maybe it's just a quick fix, like recompiling some DLL with the latest Unity Editor or something.

Thanks!
Valentin Radoi

Postby Alexey Finkilshtein » January 18th, 2018, 1:12 am

Hi,

Did you try some workarounds in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=717 ?

Thanks.
Alexey Finkilshtein

Postby Valentin Radoi » January 24th, 2018, 11:19 am

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I did try those workarounds, but they didn't help. So I selected .NET v 4.6.1 (which I had to download and install first), but the errors are still there and Unity doesn't use that version anyway, does it?

I can attach the debugger even with those errors (it asks if I want to use the last successful build instead and I can say I do - I can make a successful build by temporary removing GAF from the project) and even if it's not fully on par with what Unity runs, it does work in the vast majority of file right. But this is still annoying and it can create additional problems when trying to debug remotely a build that runs on a mobile device.

Do you think you could do a short test in the latest Unity? Just a Hello World / Empty project with latest GAF added inside it, see if you can attach debugger and VS compiles without errors.

Thanks!
Valentin Radoi

Postby Valentin Radoi » January 29th, 2018, 11:32 am

Hello!

It seems I was wrong about this and there is no problem with GAF and Unity 2017.3 after all. It was just an issue with my Visual Studio Installation, which interestingly manifested itself only after upgrading to Unity 2017.3. I performed an installation repair + some modules additions to VS and the GAF compilation errors disappeared. I can "Attach to Unity" now from VS with no error, like it used to work before. Sorry for all the hassle, but maybe somebody will find this useful one day.

Cheers!
Valentin Radoi

Postby Alexey Finkilshtein » January 30th, 2018, 12:27 am

Thank you for this information! =) Glad to hear that everything is fine now with your environment! =)
Alexey Finkilshtein

Return to Unity Plugin