Return to Starling Playback Library

GAFMovieclip - Optimization Questions

Questions related to Starling playback library should be asked here.

GAFMovieclip - Optimization Questions

Postby vanderweelesimon » January 24th, 2016, 10:34 am

Hey Guys,

So I'm currently in the optimization stage of my project and I'm now faced with the loading time for my animations.

Basically I've got a fighting system, and at full level with all 'abilities' there will be a total of 30+ animations, each of which have around 6-20 (main animation frames) and then 7 children with around 20-40 frames (changing items and armor), I don't think I approached this the right way, but it takes around 5-7 seconds to load the animations, which I think is too much, if it's normal then I'll just add in a loading screen!

Regards,
Simon
vanderweelesimon

Re: GAFMovieclip - Optimization Questions

Postby vadym.mitin » January 25th, 2016, 3:54 am

Hi Simon,

The process of the loading animations includes time for parsing config files. This is most "expensive" operation and it takes some time (executed only one time during loading). This time is depends on the total number of the frames in all timelines, the number of animation parts and the CPU of the device. So 5-7 seconds in your case may be absolutely okay. I recommend to use loading screen and load all required assets for the level during the loading screen.
vadym.mitin

Re: GAFMovieclip - Optimization Questions

Postby vanderweelesimon » January 25th, 2016, 10:34 am

Thanks man! As long as it seems optimized to you this way :)
vanderweelesimon

Return to Starling Playback Library