Return to Unity Plugin

Deleting GAF objects freezes the game for several seconds

All about Unity plug-in

Deleting GAF objects freezes the game for several seconds

Postby Marcin Siwak » June 18th, 2017, 1:06 pm

Hi guys, I need your help with GAF for Unity 3D!

I use GAF in Unity 3d for animations on my scenes & my game is freezing for 5-50 seconds when I'm deleting previous scene with GAF objects on it. More specific GC.MARKDEPENDENCIES takes up a lot of CPU time when deleting previous scene with GAF objects. The freeze up takes so long time that it's making the level unplayable, so I really need to fix this issue.

I've found some one describing similar issue on unity forum, but there's no answer on this matter: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues ... me-objects

Could you please give some advice how to resolve this issue and avoid freezing the game?

Thanks!
Marcin Siwak

Re: Deleting GAF objects freezes the game for several second

Postby Alexey Finkilshtein » June 21st, 2017, 12:01 am

Hi,

What Unity plugin version are you using? Did you try to use dropLoadedTexturesReferences() ?

To unload asset's textures resources you can use the method dropLoadedTexturesReferences() from GAFAnimationAsset class.

Thanks.
Alexey Finkilshtein

Postby Marcin Siwak » June 22nd, 2017, 11:48 pm

Hey Alexey, many thanks for your idea.

I'm using the latest one (free version). Yes I have tried dropLoadedTexturesReferences but without success. When object are being destroyed automaticly by SceneManager.UnloadSceneAsync() or manualy by Object.Destroy(obj) and System.GC.Collect(); the process GC.MarkDependencies is stalling the game for seconds or minutes depending on number of GAFMovieClip objects.

Any other ideas?
Marcin Siwak

Postby Mogu Kun » June 23rd, 2017, 7:41 am

Hi there, I have the same issue with the last version of GAF Free (Version 5.2.6). The previous version didn't have this issue. When an Gaf object is removed from scene (via GameObject.Destroy or via Scene change) a process GC.MarkDependencies is called and takes a lot of time.
Attachments
holy moly.png
GC.MarkDependencies in action
Mogu Kun

Postby Marcin Siwak » July 1st, 2017, 11:02 am

Hey Alexey Finkilshtein, any ideas on how to solve this issue?
Marcin Siwak

Postby Alexey Finkilshtein » July 2nd, 2017, 5:19 am

Hi,

Not sure how to help you. You can try to make some unity test project with your issue and we can check it, but I think it is because of big animations (config files) and we can't do anything with it =(

Thanks.
Alexey Finkilshtein

Return to Unity Plugin