Return to Unity Plugin

Baked Animation vs AssetBundle

All about Unity plug-in

Baked Animation vs AssetBundle

Postby Liam Bozward » January 31st, 2018, 7:57 am

Hello again,

My imported animation works great when created as a baked prefab, however you cannot go down this route with the AssetBundles, the animation works fine however the character layers are wrong on playback. Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Thanks
Liam Bozward

Re: Baked Animation vs AssetBundle

Postby Alexey Finkilshtein » January 31st, 2018, 10:16 pm

Hi,

Could you please provide us with some unity test project where we can check this issue. Would appreciate for detailed description too.

Thanks!
Alexey Finkilshtein

Postby Liam Bozward » February 1st, 2018, 2:59 am

Hello,

Attached the Animation and an Image to explain. Noticed that the layers mess up also when the animation is not set to "Baked". Rather than it being solely an AssetBundle issue. Would this be more of an issue with how the animation is created or something with how an "Not baked" animation works?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nb2ytqhlp781s4p/GAF%20Files.zip?dl=0

swf File:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/acnqv7f4c3cn2k2/Foley2.swf?dl=0

Just tried with the RedRobot example and the layers glitch up on that too when it isn't baked, so I'd assume theres some setting I'm messing up or the AssetBundle Process?

The issue sort-of fixes if using orthographic view rather than perspective but this isn't a viable workaround
Last edited by Liam Bozward on February 8th, 2018, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liam Bozward

Postby Liam Bozward » February 8th, 2018, 2:01 am

Any update? It really needs to support baked animations otherwise this isn't going to work.

Thanks
Liam Bozward

Postby Alexey Finkilshtein » February 12th, 2018, 7:30 am

Hi,

Try to change Z Layer scale (Multiplier for distance between subobjects​) in the GAF movieclip\animator script of your animation. It will help you to use perspective camera and layers will be ok

Thanks.
Alexey Finkilshtein

Return to Unity Plugin