What is GAF playback library?
GAF Playback Library - the playback library that allows playing GAF using different popular frameworks. Already available for frameworks: Unity3d, Cocos2D-X, Cocos2D-JS, Starling.
Unity3d GAF playback library is a part of the Unity plugin. Unity plugin comprises Unity GAF playback library and Unity GAF Converter. Unity plugins are available as GAF: Flash to Unity (Free) and GAF Pro: Flash to Unity plugins . The only difference between Free and Pro Unity plugins is an extended Unity interface for GAF.
GAF Pro: Flash to Unity plug-in features:
Flexible resources management (possibility to load animation data (textures/materials) in a custom way - from unity bundle for example).
Working with filter (*Unity Pro required) - for now is only in GAF Pro plugin but will be included to a Free one in a next release (soon).
Integration with the mecanim state machine (through the mecanim events system).
- Windows - Cocos2d-x v3.1.1, v3.2
- iOS - Cocos2d-x v3.1.1, v3.2
- Android - Cocos2d-x v3.1.1, v3.2
- Windows Phone 8 in Cocos2d-x v3.3
To check GAF Player examples:
- Copy repo (or create symlink) to cocos2d-x/external/
Video instruction is here: GAF Video Instructions for XCode.
Starling GAF playback library is an ActionScript 3 library that allows developers to easily playback an animation in the GAF format using Starling framework. Starling GAF playback library you can download from github. Demo projects are also available under demo directory. API reference available on our site.
The latest version of the Starling GAF playback library requires:
- Flash Player / AIR runtime 15.0.0 and higher in order to play GAF;
- AIR SDK 15 and higher in order to compile Flash/AIR application;
- Starling 1.6;
- Feathers 2.0.1 and higher (used for the displaying the Text Fields);