Frequently Asked Questions
Licensing And Payments
- What Is GAF?
GAF is a technology that allows porting animations created in Flash Pro into an open format and play them in different popular frameworks, such as Unity3d, Cocos2d-x, Starling and other. More info…
- What are the integral parts of GAF?
- GAF consist of SWF to GAF Converter, GAF Format, and GAF Playback Libraries.
- What is SWF to GAF Converter?
- What is GAF Format?
GAF stands for Generic Animation Format. It is an extended cut-out animation format. It was designed to store animations, converted from SWF format into open format, that can be played using any framework/technology on any platform. More info…
- What is GAF playback library?
GAF Playback Library - the playback library that allows to play GAF using different popular frameworks. Already available for frameworks: Unity3d, Cocos2d-x, Cocos2d-iphone, Starling. Under development: Cocos2D-JS. More info…
- What are the supported features of Flash Pro?
GAF Converter can convert 99% of what can be done in Flash Pro. Vector and Raster graphics; Classic, Motion, Shape and Path(Guide) Tweens; Masks; Filters and more…
- What are the main features of GAF?
- Designed as “What you see in Flash is what you get in GAF”;
- Doesn’t require additional technical knowledge from animators, designers and artists;
- Allows to port existing Flash Animations without special preparation before porting;
- Supports 99% of what can be created in Flash Pro;
- Small size due to storing only unique parts of the animation in a texture atlas and a highly compressed binary config file describing object positions and transformations;
- High performance due to numerous optimizations in conversion process and optimized playback libraries;
- How does the conversion work?
GAF Converter has two conversion modes: Plain and Nesting. Each mode is suited for certain tasks and has its own features. More info…
What Is Not Supported
- Action Script 2.0
- There is no reason to support outdated technologies.
- GAF limitations
- The full list of the GAF limitations can be found in the article GAF limitations.
Licensing And Payments
- Is GAF Free?
- GAF is free for the companies with the annual revenue lower than <100K USD limit.
- How can I pay?
- For now we accept only PayPal.